Graduate structural engineer
Our Chester office is looking for a motivated Graduate Engineer, with a passion for Structural Engineering, to contribute to the design of our exciting range of projects. In our Chester office we thrive on innovation and technical excellence. Our graduate training programmes are recognised by the institutions that govern chartership, including ICE and IStructE.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Plan, undertake, coordinate, and monitor work on projects or programmes
- Perform complex analysis using computer modelling; making, reading, and interpreting technical material
- Task management and delivery to the highest standards, demonstrating all round technical competence, financial awareness and the ability to strike a balance between internal and external resources
- Prepare client and project proposals
- Apply judgement in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation of standard techniques
- Undertake project research including surveys and inspections
- Prepare bid and contract documentation
- Accurate and prompt recording of individual work in Maconomy
- Apply and promote policies relating to health and safety, quality, and training
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
- At least one year’s experience as a structural engineer
- Experienced in the design of steel, concrete and timber and have a good general knowledge of building construction
- Skilled in using a range of engineering software including FE packages such as Sofistik and SCIA and CAD packages such as Revit
- Be an excellent communicator capable of explaining complex engineering principles in plain language, both verbally and in writing
- Proven and competent in the subject matter of the assignment and able to work independently with intermittent supervision
- Have a commercial understanding of an engineering consultancy as a business
- Have a track record of working on varied and complex buildings
- Be proactive in addressing problem issues, presenting and pushing solutions
- Ability to organise and conduct several activities simultaneously
- Build relationships with individuals from other organisations
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays (pro-rated), private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Ansøg inden 2018-01-26