Principal - Raleigh, NC
An international consultancy, Ramboll Environ works with clients to help resolve their most demanding environmental and human health issues. We are sought after by clients around the world who benefit from our unique ability to bring clarity to issues at the intersection of science, business and policy. As such, we are looking to expand our presence in the Raleigh, North Carolina area and are currently seeking a full-time Principal to join our firm.
Specifically, we are looking for individuals with 15+ years of technical and consulting experience in environmental consulting. The ideal candidate will also have well-developed client skills and contacts in the industrial and commercial market place, particularly in North Carolina. The person will require a reputation for delivering high quality services for clients and a demonstrated ability to attract significant business and new clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical and business leadership and collaboration with US and international professional organizations, as well as technical leadership and strategic guidance to clients of the firm in the commercial, industrial, energy, financial, insurance, and/or law sectors. In addition, the successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to generate and maintain a volume of business sufficient to support the growth of the firm.
This individual will have experience managing consulting assignments, must work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams, is expected to be proficient in the analysis and dissemination of information, and must be able to work cooperatively with agencies, organizations, and individuals to guide decision-making. The successful candidate also is expected to be proficient in routine consulting activities such as project management, tracking billable time, communicating schedules, overseeing team members and sub-consultants, data analysis and final report production. He/she must demonstrate a commitment to mentoring Associate and Manager level staff and collaboration with colleagues throughout the business.
- Identifying and pursuing business development opportunities;
- Collaborating with Principal colleagues within the firm to expand business opportunities across multiple practice areas;
- Managing staff, projects, clients, and regulatory agency relations;
- Critically reviewing and interpreting local, state, and federal environmental regulations, compiling and drafting regulatory applicability determinations, and communicating findings, to co-workers, clients, and regulatory agencies;
- Participating in local, national and international scientific and trade group meetings;
- Conducting site visits; and
- Meeting Ramboll Environ and, as required, client safety training and workplace safety requirements.
- Ph.D./M.S./B.S degree in Engineering, Geology, or Environmental Sciences, or related discipline;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated capabilities in understanding, interpreting, and applying environmental regulations to real-world situations;
- Ability to externally manage client and regulatory agency relationships and internally manage staff and competing project priorities; and
- Demonstrated business development capabilities.
- 15+ years of experience in environmental consulting.
Ansøg inden 2018-01-31
Arbejdssted Research Triangle, NC