Consultant, Product Safety Consultant - Leeds
Ramboll Environ provides leading expertise in product safety and stewardship to industry around the World. Industry relies on our technical and strategic advice to support product advocacy, global regulatory compliance, and risk management of products, by-products and contaminants in the workplace, by consumers and in the environment.
We currently seek an academically excellent, motivated individuals to complement our UK team. Candidates will relish new challenges and enjoy working within a team in a client-facing, global environment. The team is primarily based in the Leeds office.
Key work areas shall include:-
- Providing technical support to clients on product stewardship and regulatory compliance
- Carrying out technical evaluations and risk assessments in a regulatory and product stewardship context (e.g. in support of product registrations and authorisations)
- Supporting project management and existing client relationships
- IT packages including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Strong academic background with a science-based degree (e.g. biology, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology)
- Knowledge of toxicology and regulatory affairs
- Knowledge of European regulations governing product safety and stewardship
- A self-starter, with an entrepreneurial mentality, multidisciplinary background, good analytical abilities and professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work well within and contribute to a team, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and a flexible outlook.
- Computer literate
- Experience of toxicology as it relates to product / substance safety
- Some experience of, or evidence of a strong interest in, Industrial/Occupational Hygiene, Regulatory Affairs, Product Safety or Safety, Health & Environment type role
- Some knowledge of EU regulatory requirements (e.g. REACH, COSHH, Biocides, Cosmetics) and/or global regulatory requirements an advantage
- Experience with IUCLID 5 and human and/or environmental exposure models an advantage
Ramboll Environ is the global Environment and Health division of Ramboll, which is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, Ramboll Environ has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. Ramboll works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, Oil and Gas, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around seven practices; Acoustics; Compliance, Strategy and Transactions; Impact Assessment; New Initiatives and Sustainability; Product Safety and Stewardship; Site Solutions; and Water.Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
Ramboll Environ conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
Ansøg inden 2018-01-26