REC - Design Engineer - Geotechnical - Bridges & Civils (RUK)
Job posting title
REC –Design Engineer - Geotechnical
Your responsibilities as Design Engineer
Geotechnical Engineer shall guide the team of Engineer & Sr. Engineer and be primarily involved in delivering the scheduled tasks in the form of design calculations and drawings.
Key Job Areas:
As a core project member of the Civil & Tunnels team you will be responsible for:
- Interpretations of Geotechnical Investigation Reports and use of appropriate geotechnical/geological design parameters
- Soil Structural Interaction Analysis Modeling and Validation
- Support system Design of Tunnels/ Underground Caverns
- Slope Stability Analysis and Support Systems Design
- Settlement Prediction and Risk Assessments for Urban Structures
- Instrumentation and Monitoring Scheme Proposals and Data Reviewing
- Numerical Modeling and interpretation of results for Slopes Stability analysis, Tunnels and caverns stability analysis
- Prepare Geotechnical/Geological design specifications and design criteria
- Be responsible for cost analysis
- Utilize applicable national and international codes for Reinforced concrete/ Structural steel design.
- Make sure that projects meet legal guidelines.
You and your competencies
We are looking for self-motivated team members who meet the following requirements:
- M. Tech degree in Geotechnical/Rock Engineering from an institute of repute. PhD in Rock Mechanics/Geotechnics would be desirable.
- Must possess 4+ years hands-on design experience including in the Geotechnical design of heavy civil structures Foundations/Underground Power stations Caverns/Tunnels/Metro stations Rock Slopes, Earth retention system analysis and design and instrumentations & monitoring underground openings and slopes.
- Experience with the European design code (Euro codes)/ British Codes (BS) will be added advantage.
- Candidates having experience in working with Multinational Companies / overseas will be preferred.
- Proficiency in PHASE2, SWEDGE, UNWEDGE, PLAXIS 2D, SLOPEW
- Knowledge of other applicable software like FLAC 2D/3D, UDEC 2D/3D would be an advantage.
- Excellent command of the English Language with proven report writing skills.
- Have strong communication, client handling skills.
- Should be a good team member and should coordinate with other team members and the project manager for timely delivery of project
Join the REC team
REC is a world class, innovation driven engineering design centre owned by an independent trust and its employees. REC is a highly sophisticated center of engineering excellence and based in our India head office in Gurgaon. Working in partnership with all our established offices globally, the Ramboll Engineering Centre (REC) is a centre for excellence in design by offering optimized solutions to the rest of the organization.
If you want to know more about the position, please contact recruitment lead.
If you are interested in applying, please send your mail through our online recruitment system by clicking the link ‘apply’ below. Please send your application at the earliest.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company globally with especially strong representation in the Nordics, UK, North America, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. We employ 13,000 experts and we constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole. We acknowledge that our solutions depend on the creativity, insight and integrity of our employees. Therefore, we empower people within our organisation, welcome individual differences and create multi-talented teams to produce inspired solutions. Ramboll works across the markets: Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy, Oil & Gas, Telecoms and Management Consulting.
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse –we invest a lot in development of people and offer career paths tailored for each individual.