Associate Mechanical Engineer (Building Services)
Associate Building Services (Mechanical) Engineer Gibraltar
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Building Services (Mechanical) Associate in the Gibraltar office. The successful applicant will be part of the management team and will assist us to strategically develop the M&E engineering capability from our Gibraltar office, strengthening and expanding our client base and providing engineering management and local engineering design support to existing and new projects. The successful candidate will also be required to lead the MEP team, be responsible for resourcing and personnel development, and to support the strategic growth of Gibraltar’s MEP capability. He or she will also contribute to our exciting range of projects in a variety of sectors including residential; hotels; sports and leisure, education, industrial; ports and marine; defence and commercial.
This is will be a permanent position following successful completion of a probationary period.
Ramboll has been established in Gibraltar for almost 20 years, growing from a site office to a multidisciplinary team of 20 spread across two offices located in the Queensway Quay Marina. We are proud to be market leaders for multidisciplinary engineering and specialist services, and make use of the very latest software, thinking and processes to deliver our projects efficiently using cutting edge technology. Our technical expertise, high ethical standards and robust pipeline of work means that we can offer the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to work with a highly skilled team delivering a diverse portfolio of projects across several market sectors.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of the Gibraltar M&E team;
- Development of the Gibraltar M&E team and design capability working closely with the Building Services teams in the UK;
- Maintain, develop and strengthen existing Client relationships;
- Provision of reactive M&E engineering design as required to support the M&E portfolio;
- Design Management of existing and new cross-company multidisciplinary projects and contracts;
- Project management of M&E projects;
- Commercial management of the M&E portfolio;
- Attendance to project meetings and sites.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Have proven experience in the design of HVAC systems and mechanical building services engineering;
- High degree of technical competence with demonstrable appreciation of sustainable design;
- Ability to motivate and manage multidisciplinary projects and the ability to efficiently deliver in multidisciplinary project environments;
- Have a proven ability to manage several projects at any one time;
- Have impressive client facing skills, confident in presenting to clients, preparing and negotiating proposals, and procuring project resources
- Be accustomed to providing guidance to graduates and technicians, demonstrating your in-depth understanding of design engineering;
- Be able to evaluate technical and customer requirements to enable the provision of viable solutions;
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members, the Contractor and other third parties, both oral and written;
- Forward thinking and passionate about digital design innovation and ‘smart design’ in increasingly digitalized construction arena;
- Proficient in the use of mechanical design software;
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD;
- Working knowledge/familiarity with Revit is desirable;
- Full driving licence.
Professional Membership and Qualifications:
- Member of CIBSE, IMechE or other such appropriate professional body is essential;
- CSCS Card holder is desirable.
- Driven and enthusiastic with an ability to motivate team members;
- Be able to interface comfortably with clients;
- Demonstrate pride in their work, through high quality and accurate timely delivery;
- Be able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure timescales are met;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Willingness to develop personal skills and basic knowledge in other engineering disciplines.
Contact Jack Noble on +350 200 51987 (w) +350 58008085 (m) email@example.com (e)
This will be work outside the U.K, so by virtue of citizenship or VISA, you must be eligible to work in Gibraltar.
Ramboll is an equal opportunities employer.