Building Services (Mechanical) Principal/Experienced Senior Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Mechanical Engineer at Senior/Principal level to led our Building Services team in Gibraltar. The successful applicant will assist us in developing the M&E engineering capability from our Gibraltar office strengthening and expanding our client base and providing engineering management and local engineering design support to existing and new projects. For the right candidate, this will provide an excellent opportunity for personal development and career progression.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Ramboll company culture, which is in evidence from the first time you step through the door, is based on open communication and the cherishing of innovation and proactivity. Our offices are open plan and our teams multi-disciplinary - with members from all levels, graduate to director - so in-depth involvement in projects is immediate. The company supports a wide range of other activities, such as sports groups, design presentations, charitable activities, competitions, excursions, talks by guest speakers and industry events.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of the Gibraltar M&E team and design capability working closely with the Building Services teams in the UK
- Maintaining, developing and strengthening our Client relationships
- Provision of reactive engineering design as required to support the M&E portfolio
- Management of the design of existing and new cross-company multidisciplinary projects and contracts
- Attendance to project sites for progress meetings and to provide engineering support
- Project management of M&E projects
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of multidisciplinary working and the ability to engage in multidisciplinary projects
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members, the Contractor and other third parties
- The ability to use mechanical design software
- The ability to use AutoCAD
- Working knowledge/familiarity with Revit is desirable
- Must have full driving licence
- Must have achieved, or working towards membership of CIBSE, IMECHE or appropriate professional body
Professional Membership and Qualifications
- Member of CIBSE, IEE or other such appropriate professional body is essential
- CSCS Card holder is desirable
- Driven and enthusiastic
- Be able to interface comfortably with clients
- Demonstrate pride in their work, through high quality and accurate timely delivery
- Be able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure timescales are met
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also seek assistance when required
- Willingness to develop personal skills and basic knowledge in other engineering disciplines
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays (pro-rated), private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
This will be work outside the U.K, so by virtue of citizenship or VISA, you must be eligible to work in Gibraltar.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.