Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our Bristol office is looking for a motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer to contribute to our exciting range of projects including industrial, commercial, residential, hotels, sports and education sectors.
Our Bristol Buildings team is well established and has an enviable reputation in world class projects. We offer multi-disciplinary consultancy to our clients.
This is an exciting position with great opportunities for a talented candidate to take a key role in supporting the team leader, expand the capability in Mechanical engineering in Bristol, and help to broaden and strengthen our Bristol client base.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 13,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,200 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Plan, undertake, coordinate, and monitor work on projects or programmes
- Apply skills in Mechanical and Public Health Engineering Design (Essential)
- Apply skills in High Performance Building Design such as thermal modelling, façade optimisation and energy and water strategies. (Desirable)
- Apply skills in Building Information Modelling (BIM) such as using Revit. (Desirable)
- Apply skills in communicating design information for the production of drawings (essential) and skills in AutoCAD (Desirable).
- Undertake surveys and inspections
- Prepare bid and contract documentation
- Project Manager role for single or multi discipline projects and expected to represent Ramboll at external client meetings – excellent communication skills essential
- Understanding of different procurement and contractual arrangements , as well as financial arrangements for projects, including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation
- Monitor actual project costs against target costs and administer change control procedures in accordance with agreed scope of service
- Works well within a team environment and is a role model to design and graduate engineers
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Has a strong background in mechanical services design including sustainability and public health design
- Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
- At least seven years’ experience as mechanical engineer
- Working towards or holding Chartership with CIBSE, IMeche, FEANI or a FEANI approved body
- Ability to communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature clearly. and to be competent at presenting to external Clients
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays (pro-rated), private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.