IT Global Desktop Support Technician
Ramboll are seeking an IT Support Technician to work in our busy Southampton office. IT Support Services is part of the Ramboll Support Organisation and IT unit. In support, we meet our customers at a critical time, where they need our assistance and understanding, which means the technician needs to have a "I will help you" attitude, good sense of urgency, high technical understanding and great people skills. The aim in 1st and 2nd line support to cover 80% of all incoming request in total.
1st line is the “face of IT”; IT’s most important ambassadors towards end-users, our internal customers. It is the single point of contact for all Ramboll’s 13,000 end users globally, whenever they encounter an incident with their IT Services, or want to request a new service.
2nd line cover global incidents and service requests that either require relatively long time to solve and/or special competencies or admin rights. It covers areas where special knowledge or technical skills are required. Besides being responsible for incident and service request diagnosis and resolution, the team will also be responsible for specialized services, as well as end-user devices such as PC’s, mobile phones and tablets. Ordering, delivery, hand out, maintenance and swap of devices fall under this responsibility.
In this role, you would be providing both 1st and 2nd line IT support, depending for example on the local and global workload, time of day, and global resourcing situation. Therefore, your responsibilities would be a mix of many kinds of support tasks. This means, that in addition to strong communication and service skills, you need to have a wide, solid understanding of various fields of IT.
In IT Support Services, we need to be able to show high capabilities within:
- Business knowledge. Knowing the business areas of Ramboll and the IT services that are key for the given business unit for them to be able to operate. This will enable the Support Agent to put the right level of impact and urgency to a request and act according to priority.
- Broad and specialized qualified technical skill-set so that the agents can resolve the incident or service request at hand or knowing which group in Global IT to escalate to if needed.
- Service behaviour as a skill set. The customer is often frustrated or troubled by an IT Service not working. It will take special service skills to ensure that the end-user feels that they are taken good care of, that their situation is understood and that the support agent ensures trust with the end user that their issue is in capable hands.
- The role reports to a team lead.
- Provide global 1st & 2nd line support following incident management and service request management processes. Queries come through ServiceNow, phone, in person and in future though online chat
- Respond and resolve incident and service requests within required time periods to meet customer service level agreements
- Continuously provide data to customer issues into ServiceNow per procedures to ensure adequate and high-quality data-logging
- Guide and consult end users within IT related topics
- Apply courteous and polite behaviour towards end user in both verbal and written communication
- Ensure timely and adequate escalation to 3rd line or management level based on assessment of incoming incident or service requests when needed
- Independently complete tasks of low or medium to high complexity according to specifications and quality requirements
- Technology: Dell, HP, Windows 7/10, MS Office 2010/2016, Office 365, Cloud based technologies, Software Central, SCCM, Exchange, ADSL, networking, mobile devices, printing devices, Ramboll standard applications and technologies
- Assists end-users with identifying, analysing and escalating incidents within appropriate service standards
- Provide support on standard devices such as standard desktop, tablets, phones and other devices
- Provide technical and functional support on Ramboll standard applications and software and support for all products/ equipment on the current approved list
- Proactively search for knowledge to be familiar with the support-scope on supporting sites
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Supporting devices and users on a Windows network comprising of Windows PC’s and laptops, Active Directory and Exchange
- PC deployment (where applicable) and maintenance.
- Asset management tasks
- Order and manage hardware repairs
- Ensure adequate escalation to 3rd line when needed
- Communicate to customer about progress on a regular basis.
- Provide project hyper-care support
- Identify Problem management-candidates
- Assignments will include resourcing projects such as M&A’s, Office moves, office builds
Skills and capabilities:
- Excellent communication skills and a “I can help you” attitude
- Ability to communicate verbally, adjust terminology to different parties
- Exhibit a general ability to listen actively, reflect and summarise to the understanding of the end-user
- Confident in English, communicate fluently in both written and spoken English, other languages are an advantage
- Experienced IT technician with support as specialty
- Broad knowledge on standard IT technologies/ tools/modules
- Possess knowledge and experience around pc imaging/deployment and asset management
- Incident management experience - Managing incidents including business expectations and communication
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification
- Detailed oriented, quality mind-set, service minded
- Microsoft certifications – Win10, Office 365, Office 2013/2016
There will be some rotation in the working times, and they might vary in shifts between 08:00 – 18:00, each working day will be 7.5 hours long.
Commitment to the rotation is required as well as flexibility, as rotation needs might sometimes change quickly due to changing circumstances.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Ansøg inden 2018-02-23