Engineer, Ground Engineering team
Ramboll are looking for Geotechnical Engineers and Engineering Geologists with proven design experience to join our busy and dynamic team in Southampton. This is an outstanding opportunity to progress your career that will offer you challenging and varied work on large projects throughout the company, along with a highly competitive package.
Reporting to an Associate or Technical Director you will utilise your previous experience, skills and knowledge to participate on a variety of Ground Engineering and Infrastructure projects spread across the whole asset lifecycle from conceptual and detailed design through to assessment.
Ramboll’s ownership structure (we are wholly owned by the charitable Ramboll Foundation) gives us the stability to take the long view, freed from the imperatives of shareholders and the stock market. This long term view is central to how we operate and how we go about creating lasting relationships with our clients. As a result, Ramboll is associated with some of the world's most respected, fully integrated infrastructure and transportation projects. From iconic projects such as Ferrari World, Tate Modern and the Queensferry Crossing, to ongoing ground breaking projects like HS2, design of offshore wind farms, development of ports and marinas, complex urban building projects, design of major new transport crossings in the UK and overseas, renewal of London’s trunk road network in London, Metro Stations in the UK and overseas, tunnel design in Moscow and complex soil/structure numerical modelling. From feasibility studies, assessments and research, through planning and negotiations, to construction and operations, Ramboll provides unparalleled experience in this sector.
- You will be expected to take responsibility for the delivery of geotechnical services to other disciplines within the organisation for small to medium sized projects and form part of a team delivering larger, more complex projects under the leadership of the discipline manager
- Within the company you will be working alongside the rest of the Ground Engineering team, and also teams of all disciplines nationally and internationally across the Ramboll Group
- Promote the Ramboll brand and undertake business development
- Apply and promote policies relating to health and safety, quality, and the development of others
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in geotechnical design
- Past experience of numerical modelling, Infrastructure earthwork engineering, and/or tunnel design is advantageous
- A relevant engineering degree
- Capable of working independently and leading design activities
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team in a rapidly growing sector within the UK
- High level of exposure and opportunity to work on high profile, U.K and international projects
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Ramboll UK is an equal opportunities employer.