Engineer, Bridges team
Ramboll are looking for Bridge Engineers to join their fast growing team in Birmingham. This is an outstanding opportunity to progress your career that will offer you challenging and varied work on large projects throughout the company, along with a highly competitive remuneration package.
Reporting to an Associate or Technical Director you will utilise your previous experience, skills and knowledge to participate on a variety of bridge, gantry and civil structures projects spread across the whole asset lifecycle from conceptual and detailed design through to assessment and strengthening.
Ramboll’s ownership structure (we are wholly owned by the charitable Ramboll Foundation) gives us the stability to take the long view, freed from the imperatives of shareholders and the stock market. This long term view is central to how we operate and how we go about creating lasting relationships with our clients. As a result, Ramboll is associated with some of the world's most respected, fully integrated infrastructure and transportation projects. From iconic projects such as Ferrari World, Tate Modern and the Queensferry Crossing, to ongoing ground breaking projects like HS2 and The Northern Hub, we design a variety of landmark bridges, highways and buildings in urban and rural, commercial, industrial, marine, aviation, educational and residential contexts. From feasibility studies, assessments and research, through planning and negotiations, to construction and operations, Ramboll provides unparalleled experience in this sector.
- Perform complex analysis using computer modelling: creating, reviewing and interpreting technical material
- Undertake project research including surveys and inspections
- Contribute to the development of innovative solutions and more efficient ways of working
- Promote the Ramboll brand and undertake business development
- Apply and promote policies relating to health and safety, quality, and the development of others
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the design/assessment of bridges and other highway and/or rail structures
- Sound knowledge of DMRB and/or Network Rail Standards
- Sound knowledge of Eurocodes
- Ability to organise and conduct several activities simultaneously
- Understanding of relevant occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Ability to clearly communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature
- Experience of project management
- Sound knowledge of structural steelwork and concrete design/detailing
- Capable of working independently and leading design activities
- Technical review and critique
- Good degree in Civil engineering (or equivalent) ideally with Civil Engineering MEng
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team in a rapidly growing sector within the UK
- High level of exposure and opportunity to work on high profile, U.K and international projects
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Ramboll UK is an equal opportunities employer.
Ansøg inden 2018-03-02